Greetings to the BEST neighbors in our community!
As I mentioned in my last communication, my goal is to keep you informed of relevant activities occurring across our County. I truly don’t want to flood your inbox with unnecessary communications. As always, you’re welcome to opt out at any time below. However, I’m hoping that you find the information relevant and forward it on to others.
I’ve been pretty busy over the past few months immersing myself in the role of County Supervisor. At the end of March, I organized a plant tour and Economic Development Board meeting at the Rockwell Automation Mequon location. Elected officials from Mequon and Ozaukee County as well as other community leaders across the county participated in the event. Rockwell’s Mequon location currently has over 20 job openings. If you know of anyone interested in a career in manufacturing / engineering, go to our career website. Check out the article in the News Graphic: Click Here
I’ve also had several speaking engagements over the past several months across Ozaukee and Milwaukee Counties. If you’d like to learn more or book me for an event, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, I’m excited to announce my new book! Check it out on Amazon! Stay tuned for book signing event dates/times. Click Here
Key County Board decisions and activities:
- A proclamation was presented to the Ozaukee County Jail Literacy Program for its continued and dedicated service to the County. The board was congratulated for their dedication to the program for the past 25 years. Accepting the award was Jail Literacy Board President Holly Ryan, Board Members Roberta Campbell and Grace Eernisse and Captain Jeff Sauer, Jail Administrator.
- Click Here for information on our May 3rd meeting which includes an update across all standing committees from our County Administrator, Jason Dzwindel. Thomas Meaux, our former Administrator retired in March.
- On May 3rd, the board approved the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Outdoor Recreation Aids grant for Lake Michigan public access along the bluff at Virmond County Park. For those of us that love walking through or riding our bikes at beautiful Virmond Park, this grant will help fund the project that will provide access to Lake Michigan! Click Here for image.
- The renovations at the Lasata Care Center in Cedarburg are amazing! Ralph Luedtke, Lasata Campus Administrator, and his staff continue to do an incredible job!
Spotlight on Residents in our District!
- Traci Cain, Co-President of Gathering on the Green, strong supporter and resident in our district, would like to invite you to an upcoming fundraising event on May 19th at the Wisconsin Club. If interested, Click Here to purchase tickets and select your dinner at the Wisconsin Club. GOG Event Flyer
- We were delighted that Brad Smith, President and Chief Legal Officer for Microsoft, and son of Stan Smith an outstanding resident in our district and community, could join us for the Ozaukee Economic Development (OED) Outreach event. He delivered an awesome and innovative presentation! Congratulations Stan!
If you have other great stories to share about residents in our district or county, feel free to contact me.
I encourage you to learn more about city and county government so that you can help shape our community!
County Board Meetings are open to the public and are held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month in the Administration Center, 121 W. Main St., Pt. Washington, WI 53074.
Please follow and like us: